Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Friday, March 02, 2007

Fame at last!

I am not a good blogger lately, in my defense, it's been manic around here!
So, fame? Well, fleeting fame, but woolly fame none the less! Yes, I got a mention on Lixie's PodCast, see, there's my name! It's more the hat than me really, but it is a really lovely hat! And I got lots of hits this week as a result so I should give the new visitors something to read really, so hello!

Right, so as this is a knitting blog, let us talk about the knitting!



There is just no way on earth to get a good picture of this shawl as it is (in progress). It's on the longest cords I have for my knitpicks, 60" and its still bunched up. And I haven't finished the second ball of eight yet, its going to be a monster! At the moment I have 534 stitches on the needles, and i'm on round 90. It takes me an age to go all the way round, but it's going to be worth it, it's so soft and lovely.

That is all i'm knitting at the moment, although I have some nice Sublime that I may see if I can turn into a nice top I saw in Interweave Knits Spring which I snapped up as soon as I saw it in Borders.

The main knitting news is that this time next week i'll be at SkipNorth! Woo hoo! Muchly exciting. Haven't reconciled the Cambridge Diet with that yet, but i'll muddle through no doubt!

And while we're talking about the Cambridge Diet..... Here is what my weightloss looks like in monetary terms, £1 per lb lost.

Not bad huh! There's £45 quid there, £38 is from doing Cambridge for 7 weeks, £7 is from my half arsed attempt before christmas. I was going to take it to SkipNorth and use it to buy yarn, but I think i'll just buy yarn anyway and use the money to buy a really lovely dress or something when I reach goal (when there will be around £110 in there).

Also related to the weightloss is this lovely piece of magnificence.

This is my Trollbead bracelet that Stu got me for Valentines day (obviously can't have any choccy!). He got me the bracelet, the lace lock, and the blue armadillo bead. The fashion stripe bead is for my first stone, the silver kitten bead is for the second stone, and the red fire bead if for the third stone. The giraffes are a gift to myself because I saw them on a website and just fell in love with them, and its 2 giraffes intertwined which coincidently was what was on the Valentines card I got for Stu. Fate I do believe!

So the other big news was that the boys were baptised last week at our church. It was a really lovely day, Nina came over from Germany to be Leo's (Fairy)Godmother, and my parents came up on the train to stay for the weekend. The day itself went really well, both boys were so well behaved and the reception afterwards was great. AND, I didn't eat a single thing all weekend. Get me!

Anyway, here's a piccy before I bid you farewell! I shall try and blog before SkipNorth, otherwise, i'll see you there!

1 Comments:

Blogger littlelixie said...

Hmmm, have been reading this with great interest. I tried Weight Watchers for a month as my first ever diet and didn't see any change but then am rather impatient. Would you mind talking to me about the cambridge diet at SkipNorth? I've been on their website for the last half hour but it's always best to have a real person tell you what it's like.

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home