Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Monday, March 12, 2007

Skipped North!

I'm home!!!

What an awesome weekend, I knitted, chatted, shopped, knitted some more, had a go at spinning and boullion crochet, did a bit more knitting, and....... I didn't eat anything!!!

Met a few people from my blogroll, and a few more people i'll add to my blogroll as soon as I find their blogs!

Met lots of people who bought more wool than me, so that was a bonus, I felt almost virtuous!

So, here it is, the SkipNorth stash....



Let's break it down into more manageable segments...

This was my big buy, 1kg of Twilleys Freedom Spirit (Air I do believe), total bargain at £29.99, going to knit me a big wrap around cardigan with it I think.

Sock yarn, 500g of purply, greeny, bluey loveliness, 100g of camo coloured, 100g of Regia 6ply and 100g of Regia Stretch which I started a simple toe up sock with on the coach on sunday (my shawl is at a complicated bit, i'd have messed it up!)


300g of space dyed DK in bluey purply tones which I think I may use to make another forest canopy for me!



60g of Fiddlesticks laceweight merino/silk, beautiful! And a totally unrelated Surina 5mm crochet hook which is also beautiful.


500g of blues spaced dyed DK to be shared between the mummys, i'd keep it but there's more chance of them knitting something for the boys than of me doing it, selfish knitter that I am!

And finally, about 800g of fibre to spin. The coloured is rainbow merino/silk, the big bag of white is bluefaced leicester I may have a go at dyeing, and the smaller white bag is bluefaced leicester / silk. Yummy, it still smells like sheep! Baaaaaaaa!

I had a really, really, really, great weekend, thanks to Alex and Nic for organising such a fun event, I loved it.

Now, i've come home to a complete tip of a house, so i'd best get to tidying and stop fondling all the new yarn and fibre!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Thats impressive Stash...I think I need to break mine down into manageable segments to photo as well :)
I was hugely lucky, and came home to a really tidy house, all the washing had been done too, but unfortunately, Phil had also included all the boys' Colinette merino socks in it (I'd left them in the bottom of the washing basket so I could handwash them all together) and they are now all felted, and fit only Joel :(
You can't have it all......
Hugs
Love
Sarah xXx

6:49 pm  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

A good shopping weekend !
Good to meet you, cant wait to see what it all turns into ;-)

7:28 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

Wow! I think someone may have just bought more yarn than me this week, and I didn't even go to skipnorth!

10:18 pm  
Blogger Glenna C said...

OOH! What a gorgeous haul. I love the sock yarn colours and the blue/green/purple dk ones...What great knitting fodder.

10:48 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

Nope, didn't eat any of the yarn. Never mind, we know where all the mills are now so I can go and stock up again and maybe not be so restrained ;o)
I love all your sock yarn. I am going to have a go at the toe down sock soon....
It was great to meet you at last!!
Nic
xxxx

7:48 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

That's quite some haul! Can't wait to see what you do with it (and no, it musn't linger until next year ;)

5:36 pm  
Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, what a haul! Great to meet you at the weekend!

6:32 pm  
Blogger flajol said...

Wow! That's a cracking haul for a weekend away. :o) Are you at SnB this week? I'll be there if I can keep my eyes open beyond 6pm. Jetlag's a killer.

6:32 am  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

WOW that is some stash you have there; great sock yarn and I love the Freedom Spirit . Its sounds like a fab weekend.
To my shame I have some of that Winghams rainbow merino /silk since last Autumn,infact I have a lot of their tops in my stash; will have to spin it up soon ;-)
I have to admit I rather spin fleece than tops , well that's my excuse !!

10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home