Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

On being proactive!

This week, I have been mostly being organised!

Ok, so I was forced into it a little, afterall, the newly aquired stash couldn't live in bags forever now could it. Until yesterday, my stash lived in 2 large underbed storage boxes at the top of the cellar steps, and had spread out into a spacebag under the spare bed, a blanket box in the front room, and many, many bags kicking around here and there. Something had to be done, I had no idea what was where.

We have a set of bookshelves in the front room, they are a corner unit, bookcase and cd tower that doesnt have room for all the cds, and they come from Ikea. We've been wanting an extra cd tower to match for eons, but they never have it in the Warrington store when we go, so i've gotten into the habit of checking the website every couple of weeks to see if it's in stock, and low and behold, yesterday it was!

So, I was umming and ahhing about whether to pop to Ikea and pick the cd tower up, when I had a moment of total brainwaveyness. I could get some of the shelf and bucket storage the boys have in the playroom to go at the top of the cellar steps to home my stash! Hell, I was so pleased with my idea I even measured to make sure it would fit, and it would, so I got it! The measuring bit is important because the ever doubting Stuart asked me if i'd measured it before getting it fully expecting me to say no so he could berate me. And I had, so neeerrrrrrr to you Stu!

So, I built it, then I went through the house collecting stash, sorting it and putting it into ziplock bags to deter the moths, something i've been meaning to do forever, and now it's contained to the storage unit and the blanket box (which in fairness is only half full and also has WIP's in and a multitude of bags in).

Voila! Proud much Gemma?



Please note, the two big buckets on the right are shop stuff (pah hah! shop, where's that then! I promise, pictures pending, it's almost done) the top one is dyed and ready to go, the bottom one is undyed loveliness.

Actually, the bottom bucket is a little emptier now, because...




This is for my mum, and it's called Autumn Leaves, and if she doesn't want it, i'm having it, I love it!

She wants to knit a shawl she's seen somewhere, and she was faffing around about the wool she would use for it (the pattern calls for Elann alpaca worsted or some such thing). She decided she wanted it 'autumn leaves' colours, so I said i'd do some for her, she can have it for mothers day. It's upstairs drying and I really can't wait to reskein it. I'm going to do some more I think and have it as an offered colourway in the shop as i'm sooooo chuffed with how the colours came out.

Anything else to report..... nope don't think so. Ooooh, it's SnB tonight, hoping Andrea the wanderer will make it.

4 Comments:

Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Wow...Gemma...Autumn leaves is a great name for it :)
I bet your Mum will love it...
Nice stash storage too...hmmm *scratches chin"...I think I need to go for a trip to Ikea :D
Love
Sarah xXx

3:41 pm  
Blogger Adrienne said...

WOW! It's beautiful!

5:22 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Love the dyed yarn and pLEASE can you come to my hpouse and sort my stash out :) Good for you, bet you feel proud of yourself. Did you get the boxes from Ikea as well ?
Think I will have to take a trip there

9:52 am  
Blogger Nic said...

That yarn is lovely!! I need some. Not sure what for though or where I would put it.....
The stash storage is good BUT you laugh at my amount of yarn and fabric?! That is serious stash!!
Nic
xxx

8:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home