Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Clapotis-itis

Shame on me, no blogging for ten days, tsk tsk tsk!

Busy girl i've been, picked up my lovely new car from the inlaws (thankyou thankyou thankyou), spent the weekend with my parents down south where we attended the fete-worse-than-death as is tradition. Thomas seemed to enjoy it this year, he ran in the under 5's race and didnt finish last despite stopping halfway down the track and turning round to look for me!

Wednesday just gone I took the new car on it's first big jaunt down to Hinckley to meet up with the MO crowd at Lotties house. We had a lovely time, the boys were on their best behaviour, and Lottie was a marvel, feeding all 20 kids with sarnies and all 12 adults with homemade soup, bread and cakes. It was a lovely day. Thankyou Lottie!

And now for the knitting.....

Well first you should visit Sarah's blog to see whats been made from the koolaid bfl from my last blog... fabby aint they!!

And my knitting? Well, i'm still chugging along with my Cable Bag...


By my reckoning i've got about 5cm of cableing left to finish before I do the top bit of garter stitch where the buttons go, then it's handles and done! Yay.

And also on the needles is...... Clapotis!!!!!

I am becoming addicted to knitting this little beauty, it's a present for my mum knitted from here, with SWTC Oasis in Napa Valley instead of the suggested yarn, mainly because Lorna's Laces is a bit beyond my budget at the moment, and it's an expensive yarn to frog when it starts going wrong, which lets face it, it's bound to!

I've also knitted a dishcloth which was fun, but I think I managed to leave at Lotties. Oops. Thomas was using it as a blanket for Po, but really, I knitted it with Debbie Bliss Cotton DK, like i'd wash dishes with it!

Stitch and Bitch was fun again this week, really relaxing there now and looking forward to it every week.

Knitting rules!

Oh, and I won a competition on MO yesterday too, some cool recycled stationary! Hoorah!

Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home