Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Paint a Woolly Rainbow

First off, i'm miserable, be nice to me! The dreaded root filling turned out to not be possible due to a large abcess, so instead they extracted the evil tooth. So now I have a big gap and i'm feeling a very fragile. I'm not good with anything relating to my mouth, so i'm hating waiting for the horrid hole to heal up. Yuk yuk yuk!

To take my mind off it yesterday, I retreated to the cellar *cue Phantom of the Opera music* and did some dyeing. I'm seeing Sarah and her family tomorrow, and I owe her 400g of rainbow koolaid BFL so I did that, and while I was at it I had another go with the Omega dyes. I wasn't as successful this time, but I was trying a different technique (wet wool, sprinkle dye, squish with gloves on). Its not even enough for my liking, so i'll go back to the turkey baster method that works with the koolaid.



Made a couple of purchases this week, firstly a yarn winder from Ebay, because i'm fed up with winding skeins into balls, I want a machine to make centre pull balls for me. Secondly, I invested in a KnitPicks Options set. I've read good things about these needles, and i'm fed up of having circulars all over the place. KnitPicks don't deliver to the UK, so i'm having them delivered to my good friend Melody in Virginia, and she's going to forward them on to me. Yay!

Haven't done much knitting this week as i've mostly been moping and feeling sorry for myself (everybody say awwwwww), but i've been chugging along with the Forest Canopy Shawl when i'm feeling like it. Since I need it finished in a few weeks, that probably isn't the attitude to have!

I'm actually on top of the cleaning this week as well, upstairs is tidy, just needs a hoover, i'm working my way through the huge pile of washing that I swear multiplies while i'm not looking, and there's a beef stroganof simmering away in the slow cooker. Yummy.

I may go to S n B tonight, depending on how i'm feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home