Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ribbit, Ribbit

It's been a bit longer than I intended, mostly because i've been too despondant to blog. Well that and the fact that it seems everytime I want to blog Blogger has been refusing to let me upload piccys so i've been deleting anything i'd written in a temper. It's the principle of the thing!

Got the ECA handed in a day early, not completely confident in it, but it'll have to do, and it's way too later now anyway! Unfortunately, apparently we don't get the results until December! Wonder if I can manage not to think about it until then....

I could do that by buying yarn I suppose... like this yarn for example....



Another Ebay bargain, hand dyed chunky and DK, alpaca and merino. Lulley.




Or this maybe..... washcloth cotton yarn, all part of my master christmas plan.....




An already started washcloth, quite pretty I think, well the colours at least, this is supposed to be a more masculine washcloth. The yarn may have a potential problem, it seems to be dyeing my fingers and the bamboo needles a sort of bluey green colour. It washes off easily enough, so i'm hoping a wash will remove any potential running problems. I hope.




This is the bane of my knitting at the moment. It's the second time i've knitted it. I got all the rows done at the weekend only to discover I'd cast on for 3-6 months instead of 6-9. Now bear in mind he's nearly 8 months already.... To hedge my bets i've started knitting a 1-2 years so he stands an outside chance of actually wearing it....



This is one of 2 gloves i've knitted, unfornately they are both different so I don't have a pair. Ho hum.

Had a major disaster last week, a certain small someone knocked a can of pepsi into my knitting bag... all over my Creative Zen, 3 projects, 2 books and the camera. The MP3 player and the camera seem to have survived ok, the books on the other hand have had it. The knitting seems ok, the evil jumper escaped the worst of it, and the 2 gloves were easy enough to wash. Theres a ball of hand dyed sock yarn that absorbed a bit, i'm thinking i'll have to knit with it and then wash whatever i knit straight away. Sticky knitting, appealing!

Right, off to S & B now, ta ta!



2 Comments:

Blogger Gemma said...

Hiya,

It's from The Natural Dye Studio on Ebay, the chunky and the dk on the right are alpaca / merino and are lovely and soft, the chunky especially so, the pink dk in the middle is BFL which I have a bit of a thing for for but is not as soft.

I think the chunky may become a hat, my ears are a bit cold!

9:12 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

Ooh I bought some yarn from the Natural dye studio this week too. Yum!! Now I need to not sleep between now and christmas to get all my knitting done ;o) I love those gloves you've knitted. Are they tricky?
Ick to sticky knitting. Good job you bought some new yarn to make up for it.
Good luck for the assignments. Do we get to see them then?
Nic
x

6:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home