Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Monday, September 18, 2006

I......love....it......



Just a quickie, tea cooking, but had to say, it's done!

Ok - So now the geeky bit -

Pattern - Clapotis from Knitty Fall 2004 Issue
Needles - Addi Bamboo 5mm, kindly loaned by Sarah because I ordered the wrong size
Yarn - SWTC Oasis soysilk yarn in Napa Valley shade
Time to complete - About 18 days give or take

It was a nice easy pattern to follow, dropping stitches is great, feels soooo wrong but soooo good simultaniously. The yarn is lovely to knit with, had one naff ball which had several joins in it towards the end and wasn't wound brilliantly, but it drapes beautifully and is so soft.

I think I shall knit me one too. So there.

5 Comments:

Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Oh Gemma......its a masterpiece :o)
Well done you....!!!!!
Now....MY birthday is in January *whistles*
Tee hee
Lotsa Love
Sarah xXx

8:14 pm  
Blogger Flossie in Stitches said...

Ah, it's beautiful! I knitted a clapotis for my best friend when she had to move to the US for a few months. She wrapped herself in it whenever she needed a hug :o)

Currently knitting another, this time on smaller needles, with DK yarn. It's slow though as knitting too many other things as well!

Thanks so much for the comments on my blog :o)

Alice x

9:18 pm  
Blogger flajol said...

Oooh... lovely! It's turned out really well. :o) Will you bring it along to SnB next week? I can't go this week because of work.

So what's next for the needles? :o)

9:44 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

Wow, thats ace. I have never really been sure about making a clapotis but I went to a wedding at the weekend and in the evening, when I needed something more than the shurg that I DID FINISH making, I had a thingy that was like a clapotis with frilly edges, from m+s and it was ace. Added attraction of being able to use it as a blanket when drunk and wanting to curl up ina ball when you get back to your mates house too ;o)
Nic
xx

10:01 pm  
Blogger Girlie-swirls said...

its absolutley gorgeous, if only i had the time to make one myself!!

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home