Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Monday, August 13, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like anything with a good wool content, I love alpaca and silk (who doesn't!), i'm liking the new bamboo yarns too. Mostly I like yarn to be soft and squishy. I'm not keen on fancy acrylic eyelash type yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I've got them in a big tubular case at the moment all jumbled together. I should get more organised really.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit at primary school and knitted on a handful of occasions afterwards. It was only about a year ago I got into it seriously. Saying that, i'm by no means a beginner, I like to fling myself into all manner of projects, especially lace ones, so i'd consider myself towards the top end of intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have an Amazon wishlist here, and an Angel Yarns wish list here

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love fresh scents, citrus types, fruity ones, coconut, vanilla etc.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I do i'm afraid, hence need for radical dieting! Love peanut butter and other nutty types of candy.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'm just learning to spin, i've aquired a second hand wheel i'm attempting to create masterpieces on. I also like cross stitch, and I keep meaning to have a go at felting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like alsorts of music, a real eclectic mix from Greenday to Sarah Mclachlan, from The Beatles to My Chemical Romance. I have a soft spot for 60's music and modern punk/rock. My computer can play MP3's and I have a personal MP3 player.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favourite colours are blues, greens and purples. I'm not overly keen on orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married with 2 young children. We also have a very lovely cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I live in the north of England, Scarves, hats & mittens are essential items of clothing! Not a big poncho wearer though.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love to knit lace and socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?

On my needles right now are 2 mystery shawl / stole knitalongs, a Debbie Bliss sheep dress and numerous pairs of socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Always, it's lovely to recieve something someone has put lots of thought and effort into!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Aluminium circulars all the way, although socks have to be done on metal DPNs. I've gone off bamboo lately because they seem to drag.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Both, couldn't be without them these days!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

That would probably be the pair of Jaywalkers i've been knitting for about 9 months.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Relaxing holiday in the sun with a nice beach, pool and free bar.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Cats. I love funky cat ornaments, figures.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Hmmmmm, i'm having trouble finding a copy of 'The Opinionated Knitter', seems to cost a bomb over here! I have subs to Yarn Forward, Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. Knitpicks yarns and other yarns we don't get over here i'm always lusting after.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to learn how to do colourwork, i've been hankering after doing some Endpaper Mitts but the colourwork scares me!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am an avid sock knitter, I suffer from a big case of second sock syndrome though lol. My feet are a UK size 7.

23. When is your birthday?

19th September.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

I just got on, i'm already hooked! My username is kraftykoala.



Phew! So now you know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Viknits said...

Missed you guys on Thursday :(
Will see you next week though! We can be bums together, along with Joelle! Well we're unofficial but still...

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home