Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hello Blogland!

I've been on holiday, hoorah! Only to my mums for a week, but still a nice break with the boys. And tomorrow, the man is coming to do the patio and make my garden lovely! Yay!
On the way home today we took a little detour to Bristol to what will now be my Mecca, the Get Knitted retail shop *cue Waynes World-esque we're not worthy type noises*. Needless to say my yarn diet went right out the window! Wanna see pics? Of course you do ;)

The complete haul, which consists of....



Colinette Jitterbug in Kingfisher


Two skeins of Fleece Artist Merino in Cosmic Dawn and Jester


Two odd skeins of Lornas Laces for the ankle socks in this months Knit Today, in Forest and Tahoe, and a ball of SWTC Tofutsies in who knows what colour, it doesnt say!


And a skein of Schaefer Anne sock yarn in Lazy Days as recommended by Nic (so her fault entirely)

I also grabbed 2 of the new Addi Lace needles to have a try. Lots of haul, I could have spent all day in there, it's heaven. As you can see, it's all sock related! I'm on a right sock kick at the moment. At mums I got my Monkey socks finished, good in that it was major progress and no sign of second sock syndrome, bad in that my mum liked them and promptly stole them! Here they are in all their glory!



And modelled by my mummy!



2 x 50g balls of Jojoland Quartette on 2.5mm Addi turbo 80cm circ, took about a week on and off, the second one took me two days I was so into it!


My shop is nearly out of aran yarn so this week is dedicated to the art of dyeing hoorah! Speaking of which, here's some custom laceweight I did for a friend, I think I love it...



And to finish here's some pictures from the week...


Thomas on a tractor at Finkley Farm on a glorious sunny day!



And Gruffalo hunting in Grandmas woods...



And resting with Daddy.

And Leo doing what Leo does best...

Back later in the week with the results of the dye fest!

4 Comments:

Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Stash, wonderful Staaaaash (singing)
Those socks are a work of art too :)
Your boys are so booful....!!! Bibble can come stay anytime..... ;)
Lobe
Sarah xXx

10:46 pm  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Lobe?
meant Love


tee hee

10:46 pm  
Blogger lottieru said...

me want you stash!!!! NOW!!!!

you've got me at it now with those monkey socks. 1.30am i went to bed after you'd text me the piccie!!!

your boys look scrummy enough to eat ;)
LOVE (note i can spell something you can't Sarah my lovely)

7:40 am  
Blogger littlelixie said...

That is one impressive haul!

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home