Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Togs

Stu pissed me off last night by coming to bed at 6am, thus rendering himself useless for everything all day pretty much, which was annoying as I wanted to work! Git.

Therefore, it was only fair that I helped myself to the £50 of next vouchers I found in the sunny room from one of his birthdays eons ago, and took myself to the Trafford Centre to spend them.

I got myself a couple of nice tops in Next, and I also got myself a lovely pair of wedgy shoes, with heels damnit, from Faith. I never buy nice shoes ever! I love them, they make me taller.

I hit 6 stone on the weight front this week too, i'm still really hit and miss with the diet though. Hmmm.

This was me at crimbo at a too huge 19 stone


This is me now, a slimmer but still overweight 13 stone. But hey, i have new clothes and lovely shoes!!!


The spare tyre of loose skin around my tummy is bothering me. A lot. But look at the lovely shoesssssss, and the lovely kickflare jeans! Nice clothes make me smiley.

So, knitting!

Well I just freaked myself out by taking pictures of my WIP's! Eek!

So the purple blob is getting bigger, can't photograph it at all now. Think I have about 40 rounds to go, but then consider that each round has about 900 stitches on it. Ack


So i'm taking part in a sockathon on Angel Yarn Forums. Only I can't seem to only do one pair at a time, so I have all three pairs on the go...

Opal Rainforest - Parrot

Monkey Socks in some lovely Jojoland Quartette - and notice, they are on one long circ! I have finally discovered the joy of the magic loop!

And finally Bayerische in Cherry Tree Hill merino

I'm also having a crack at Spring Things shawl in Posh Yarns cashmere laceweight in Peacock. It's soooooo soft!

And yeah, writing an essay too, but blah to that!

Not much on the go then!

Oooooh, but I do have tickets to Radio 1's Big Weekend tomorrow! I knew living in Preston would pay off one day! So I shall be doing a Sunday sky (who needs a saturday one!) from there tomorrow!!! Woooooo hoooo!

Ta ta!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Looking fantastic Gemma! Keep going... not so far to go now!

1:36 pm  
Blogger sarah said...

Well done. You are looking good. You have inspired me to lose a few stone myself.

Sarah

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home