Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sleep Tight Dante McCafferty

November has been the worst month ever.

Tonight we got the knock on the door we've dreaded since we got our beloved tabby cat Dante 18 months ago. Someone had found him in the road, he'd been hit by a car and killed.

To say we're devastated doesn't come close, I can't believe how much you can love something so small. This is why I can't sleep and i'm blogging (and knitting) at 3am. I want to turn the clock back because I want my cat back, the Dante shaped hole is too big and I can't not think about it.

All I can be is grateful we got to have him for 18 fantastic months, despite how much this hurts I wouldn't have been without him. It's going to be hard telling the boys, Leo won't understand but I know he'll miss him, he's always stroking him and looking for him. Hard to guage Thomas, he's not been overtly Dante orientated, but I think he'll miss him too.

Night night dear Dante, enjoy your eternity tormenting mice and birds and sleeping in the sun. Your humans will miss you so so much.


8 Comments:

Blogger littlelixie said...

*hugs*

11:19 am  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

oh Gemma I am so so sorry:( We lost one of our cats that way several years ago and I still miss him every day.
Sending hugs
amber moggie

5:28 pm  
Blogger lottie said...

((HUG)) for you all

Love Lottie

5:29 pm  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

:(
Thinking about you all.....
Love
Sarah xXx

12:17 am  
Blogger Jominx said...

(((Hugs))) Gemma

Hopefully December will be brighter.

Jo
xxx

5:47 pm  
Blogger ContinentalCat said...

Lots of hugs to you and your family.

Dante, send lots of love to all those precious furry companions already in cat heaven, and may you always have your spot of sunshine there.

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! Its so hard to lose one of your furbabies. {{HUG}}

4:31 pm  
Blogger Viknits said...

I can't believe what a bad month you've had :( *hugs*
Thanks for the text - as usual I have no credit aand can't text back.. grr!
Vik xx

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home