Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's all in the detail

You'll have to forgive the pictures, I should have taken them in daylight.

I've been plodding on with the sheep dress for my baby niece, i'm onto the smocking at the top of the front and now i'm nearly 2 repeats in it's really appealing to me. I don't know what it is about a really neat pattern that's so satisfying, but i'm loving how it's knitting.

I like how the little intarsia sheep are looking too....

Not the best pictures in the world, but you get the idea. When i've finished this blog I shall be cracking on with it. I want to finish it so I can start this....

It's Moira, from the new RYC Tweed book.


There are some very lovely patterns in it, but I like Moira the best.


I went to the Rowan coffee morning at John Lewis this morning, it was a bit of a disaster because the computer wouldn't read the cd rom so we didn't actually get a presentation of the new books and yarn, but they did have them on display and some of the garments, including Moira, knitted up. Now the pattern calls for the new Cashmere Tweed yarn, but at £9.95 for a 25g ball, and around 13 balls needed, well you do the math! Not a cat's chance in hell. So I got some Debbie Bliss Rialto aran which knits to pretty much the same tension, and a fraction of the price whilst still being gorgeous yarn (and machine washable too!).

So, to finish the sheep dress I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home