Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Universally Challenged...

I do not blog enough, I am slipping down the rankings lol. Therefore, I am going to pledge to blog every day for at least the next week. Obviously I can't promise I am going to have anything very interesting to say for the majority of this time, but I shall try!
So what have I been up to? Well, I went down south to see the parents, the weather was gorgeous, I got burned. Back here in Preston, it's raining. Story of my life. I really don't know what happened to summer!

Biggest little man starts school on the 17th. How very scary! His teacher has been round to see him, she's lovely. And she was very enthused about the spinning wheel, how can you fail to warm to someone like that!

Speaking of wheels, the lovely old wheel is heading on to pastures new at some point in the not too distant future, to someone who can offer it a safer environment. It's in real danger here of falling prey to the monsters (or children if you prefer) who seem fascinated with it and unable to leave it along. There is a hitchiker in a USPS van headed my way to replace it, it's smaller so I can have it upstairs put away and just carry it down when I use it. And if they covet that one, well, they might find themselves on Ebay. Do they let you sell children on there yet?

Also wheel related is my joining of The Yarn Yard fibre club, the first installment of which arrived while I was away...


Finished objects since I last blogged include : MS3!! Hoorah! Lot's of people don't like it, I love it. Voila.

And I won 3rd prize in the local village fete (beaten by some dubious competition but ho hum)

I also finished a booga bag in Noro Kureyon shade 154. I heart it muchly.

At the weekend, Julie and I went shopping at the Trafford Centre, we squeezed wool in John Lewis, then we had noodly foodly at the food court, then we went to the cinema and watched Knocked Up, which was very funny. Julie is displaying good signs of being knitting addicted as she was knitting gloves in the queue, and then while we were sat waiting for the film to start. She even got me to hold my phone up to light her work so she could finish the row when they turned the lights off.

I'm going to update the shop before the end of the week, I have some new aran to go on like this....

And these very exciting and lovely new little sock bags in Cath Kidson fabric made for KraftyKoala by the very talented Nic....

1 Comments:

Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

Jealous jealous jealous!!

Where did you get your hitchiker from? I keep stroking my screen looking at them.....

3rd prize! humpfh - sounds like the old culprits must have won...

I've got my village show this weekend and expecting similar!! Haven't entered anything for a couple of years as ended up a 1st and 2nd in both the cross stich and the "other craft" section... which seriously put the woman's nose that normally wins out of joint... so have been lying low....

OH has talked me into just entering the knitting so as not to upset her too much this year.....

*eek* so let's see if they're still in one peice when I go to view

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home