Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well what do you know, an FO!!

I know, I know, I can hardly believe it! I actually finished something!!! The Debbie Bliss Sheep Dress, she be done!!
From this...

To this......

To this......

To this....

So thats good then isn't it!!! I really hope Cleiber likes it. It's knitted in Baby Cashmerino, and it's surprisingly heavy, but it's 6-9 months so should be perfect for winter with some nice woolly tights. I finished the white edging off tonight at stitch n bitch and i'm feeling very accomplished because it really is beautiful. It's not the neatest intarsia in the world, and my sewing up always leaves something to be desired, but I love it nonetheless.

Yesterday I got a lovely parcel in the post from my SP11 pal. She is a very lovely pal and we converse a lot via email which is great, also we both go on Angel Yarn forums apparently, cool!

I was so excited to get it and open it (I needed cheering up, my children are trying to end me) I forgot to take piccies of it all wrapped up. But here's whats inside....

1. - Best of Knitters magazine, Shawls and Scarves. I love this book, i've been eyeing it up for a while. I took it to stitch n bitch tonight and we all oooooohed and ahhhhhhed over the patterns. 2. - Very funky cat tin, for storing bits and pieces or for hiding naughty skeins of yarn that jump into baskets. 3. - Handmade card which is lovely

But that's not all..... Inside the funky tin....

1. - The most beautiful fantastical magical puddy tat stitch markers in all the world. I heart them so much I want to cry. 2. - Sheepy magnet, I love him, he looks shocked (probably at the amount of yarn in my house) and he now lives on my fridge. 3 - Opal sock yarn in a delicious teal green shade that I really love right now.

Thankyou sooooo much secret pal, you are a starlett!

Progress has been made on Moira, but I don't have a pic and i'm too sleepy to hunt out the camera.

I've had a few enquiries about when my next shop update will be. I'm feeling quite bad about how hit and miss it is, but I have a 4 year old due to start school imminently, and an 18 month old who is so headstrong and fearless its unbelievable. At the moment it's all I can do to keep them entertained of a day, come the evening i'm ready to collapse. Be assured that school is happening next week and I will be getting my shit together imminently. Thankyou for being patient!

2 Comments:

Blogger Viknits said...

That's such a cute dress *wants one*
Ahh I miss Stitch n Bitch, but looks like this is my last year away.. hurray! Considering I don't like cats the cat tin's very cute!

12:16 am  
Blogger Kat said...

That dress is the cutest....!!!

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home