Memoirs of a stash junkie

a.k.a the inane ramblings of a mind filled with fluffy stuff...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

To blog or not to blog...

That is indeed the question.

You've probably noticed that as of late i've been veering more towards the not... well, I won't bore you with all the minute details as to why, suffice to say i've been dwelling in a bit of a hole and I need to emerge from it, so now seems as good a time as any. Especially since I just recieved some quite exciting news.... i'll tell you more when i've got firm confirmation in my hand, but hopefully KraftyKoala will become a bit more visable in a few months from now ;)

So, what have I been up to? Well, the shop has taken a bit of a back seat really, i've done quite a bit of custom stuff, and last week I dyed 2 kilos of wool which are waiting to be reskeined and photographed. Since the weather is going to be nice i'll do some more tomorrow too.

I've been spinning a lot, and i'm really starting to enjoy it. There are a couple of skeins in my sale / trade page on Ravelry. I was loath to put them in there because I love them, but in all seriousness, what am I going to do with all this spun yarn??? For me the pleasure is in the actual dyeing the fibre and then seeing how it spins up. Oh ok, and stroking it a lot afterwards too.

Fibre has been my one big weakness this year, i've bought loads of the stuff. But it's soooooo soft and lovely! And my wheel makes such a lovely sound as it's spinning away.

That's been my main problem this year really, splitting my time effectively. I want to spin, knit, dye, read, game, chat, blog and there just isn't enough time in the days. Now factor in all the stuff I don't want to do, namely anything housework related, and you'll see my dilemma. I really need to get more organised!

Anyway, I have a hat of doom to finish, so i'm going to make this brief. I will leave you with some pictures of stuff, finished objects, school projects, glorius handspun and gratuitous children shots.
Have a good week everyone!










3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handspun yarns are gorgeous! And I know what you mean about trying to fit everything in - and we're meant to be getting the house in shape to put it on the market too - fat chance when every room looks like a bomb's hit it!!

9:06 am  
Blogger Knit-knacker said...

I have to agree with Mandy, the handspun stuff is gorgeous. Well done you!

7:19 am  
Blogger Nic said...

I love the first handspun on there. I like them all but the first is my fav!! I am with you on the not having enough time, thats why I can't learn to spin; I would have to start taking drugs so that I didn't need to sleep to fit everything in.
Looks like you need to get knitting Stu some trousers, must be cold with just shorts on, poor man while everyone else is getting woollies ;)
xxxx

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home